We will be moving our motor (including trucks) claims administration to Santam from 01 April 2016. Santam’s proven claims services team are ideally positioned to take over this function and provide the best possible service to policyholders and intermediaries. Here is a summary of what these changes will involve:
- All motor claims registered up until 30 March 2016, will be administered by SHA as part of the run off.
- The current motor claims process will apply during the run off.
- If you require any assistance, please contact Susan Clark on 011 731 3689 or email@example.com
Process for all new motor claims (including trucks) registered from 01 April 2016
- A completed claim form, policy schedule and premium confirmation should be e-mailed to SHAnewclaims@santam.co.za, where after Santam’s SOS (claims and emergency helpline) will register the claim against the current master policy number.
- The team will reply with the claim number.
- The service level agreement for the registration of a new claim is 8 working hours
Please ensure that policyholders do not approach a motor body repairer for a quote before or after the registration. If the vehicle is driveable, the following will apply:
- Santam will contact with the policyholder within 4 working hours to discuss and direct him/her to most appropriate motor body repairer.
- Santam will also send instructions to quote to the selected motor body repairer, where after the policyholder will be contacted by the motor body repairer to arrange for an assessment, take photos and to finalise the quotation;
- Once the finalised quote and photos are received by Santam, an assessor will be appointed to determine merits and authorise the repairs;
- The motor body repairer will contact the policyholder to arrange for the vehicle to be booked in;
If the vehicle is not driveable
- The vehicle will be towed from the accident scene by Europ Assist (current process) to a place of safety. It is important to inform Santam of the location of the vehicle during the registration of the claim;
- An assessor will be appointed to determine merits, take photos and authorise the repairs;
- The assessor will contact the policyholder to confirm the repair process (e.g. name of the motor body repairer, estimated duration of repairs etc.)
If you are based in Johannesburg you will be invited to a workshop within the next month where the Santam processes will be explained to you in more detail.