SHA recognises that prompt, efficient and fair handling of claims is not only a right of the Insured, but it is also critical to the success of SHA’s business. To this end SHA is committed to differentiate its service offering through a transparent, accountable and skilled Claims team where the interests of the Insured and Santam as its principal are paramount and the contractual obligations form the basis of all claims decisions.
SHA acknowledges that the claims service that it provides on behalf of Santam is an intermediary service as defined in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (“the FAIS Act”). SHA is committed to providing its claims service to the standards as set out in the FAIS Act and any such legislation, industry codes and subordinate legislation as may be issued from time to time including the Treating Customers Fairly framework.
General Commitment and Principles underlying SHA’s Claims Service:
- Claims are dealt with in accordance with the terms of the Policy contract
- All Claims decisions will be fair, unbiased and based on the facts
- The interest of the Insured will be given due consideration in all decisions relating to claims
- Prompt and efficient claims service is crucial to the financial service rendered by SHA
- Client satisfaction and satisfactory resolution of claims is a priority to SHA and will be continuously monitored
- SHA is committed to employing suitably qualified, experienced and skilled claims staff to ensure that it can provide claims service to the highest standards
- SHA commits to ensuring that the Claims Teams have the necessary resources to meet their deliverables in terms of the SHA Claims Philosophy
- All SHA claims management processes are documented, communicated to all staff and accessible at all times.
- The claims management process is transparent and easily accessible to the Insured and its broker.
- The Insured will be kept informed of the progress of the claim at such intervals as may be reasonable, or when requested.