SHA recognises that prompt, efficient and fair handling of underwriting enquiries is not only a right of the Insured, but it is also critical to the success of SHA’s business. To this end SHA is committed to differentiate its service offering through a transparent, diversified, accountable and skilled Underwriting team where the interests of the Insured and Santam as its principal are paramount and the contractual obligations form the basis of all underwriting decisions.
SHA acknowledges that the claims service that it provides on behalf of Santam is an intermediary service as defined in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (“the FAIS Act”). SHA is committed to providing its claims service to the standards as set out in the FAIS Act and any such legislation, industry codes and subordinate legislation as may be issued from time to time including the Treating Customers Fairly framework.
General Commitment and Principles underlying SHA’s Underwriting Service:
- Due consideration is adopted on all products offered by SHA
- All Underwriting decisions will be fair and solution driven
- Products and Services are designed to meet the needs of the client and are marketed accordingly
- Prompt and efficient underwriting service is crucial to the financial service rendered by SHA
- The Intermediary will be kept informed of the progress of the enquiry timeously
- Dedication to service with Professionalism and Integrity
- All SHA underwriting management processes are documented, communicated to all staff and accessible at all times.
- SHA is committed to employing suitably qualified, experienced and skilled underwriting staff to ensure that it can provide an underwriting service to the highest standards
- We are committed to strong partnerships with our brokers and clients based on trust and shared values
SUCCESS LIVES THROUGH OUR LEGACY!