Liability insurance for injury and damage following gradual pollution conditions has traditionally been expensive and difficult to obtain – this is no longer the case as SHA have identified a specific need in the market and are pleased to present “Gradual Pollution Indemnity.”
Why place this cover?
- Existing public liability insurance policies traditionally exclude gradual pollution.
- Companies’ corporate governance and compliance controls are becoming increasingly important considerations for existing shareholders, potential investors and lenders/
What is Gradual Pollution cover?
- The cover is site based, is not limited to ‘sudden, unintended and unexpected events’ and indemnifies a wide range of coverage that was not readily available including:
- Claims-made against the Insured for injury and damage;
- Emergency clean up costs to prevent migration of an accidental pollutant release
- Defence costs including the costs of defending an interdict
- Underwriters as part of the claims process will liaise with regulators
- Restoration costs (“Rip and Tear”)
- Asbestos and lead
- Illicit abandonment
- Naturally occurring materials and restoration of depleted or degraded natural or man made systems (environmental degradation)
- Existing pollution conditions
On receipt of a completed proposal form, declaration and a recent environmental survey we will be delighted to let you have a quote. Please note that this product is exclusive to existing clients and is not written as stand alone business.
Alternatively, search for a team member using the “Find a team member” directory.